Mother’s Day is just around the corner, and there is no better time to show your mom, grandmother or wife how much you love and appreciate her. Still pondering the perfect present, we have made last-minute shopping easier with our list of the perfect gifts for the special mom in your life:
For the Book Club Mom: Is your mom in a book club or maybe just an avid reader? There is no better way to enjoy a book than in the bath (glass of wine optional). We have the perfect seaweed bath pairings to go along with some book recommendations:
- If she likes reading quirky, feel-good books: We recommend 2 A.M. at the Cat’s Pajama’s by Marie-Helene Bertino. Think Love Actually meets a little bit more heartache, and a little bit of magical realism. Pair with our Eucalyptus Peppermint Hydrating Seaweed Powder Bath for an uplifting venture.
- If she’s all about a strong, female voice, she’ll love Wild by Cheryl Strayed. Strayed’s memoir tells of a healing journey as she hikes through the Pacific Crest Trail with a female empowerment perspective. Pair with our Lavender Hydrating Seaweed Powder Bath for a calming and healing experience.
- If she’s the mom who loves travel, Jess Walter’s Beautiful Ruins will whisk her away to the beautiful Mediterranean for a heart-wrenching and romantic tale she’ll never forget. Let the ocean vibes take over and pair this book with our Unscented Hydrating Seaweed Powder Bath. She’ll reap the benefits of the ocean without the hefty price tag of jetting off to the Med.
- If she likes reading the latest self-improvement books, or she’s looking to make a change, we recommend The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up: The Japanese Art of Decluttering and Organizing by Marie Kondo. She’ll want to detox more than just her home and wardrobe after reading this New York Times Bestseller. Reach for our Whole-Seaweed Detox Bath to pair with this book.
For the Coffee Connoisseur: if your mom sports a mug that says “But first, coffee,” we totally get her. For Mother’s Day, help your mom stay caffeinated with some of our must-haves.
- Chameleon Cold Brew. This coffee is potent cold brew coffee with a variety of bold flavors. If you’re mom likes to keep it classic, try the black coffee. It’s rich in body with notes of cocoa and toffee. If your mom likes a little twist on her coffee, try one of the other four flavors. Our favorite is the Mexican Coffee with hints of vanilla, almond, and cinnamon. Or spring for the variety pack so she can try them all.
- Chocolate covered espresso beans. Need we say more? Your coffee-loving mom can keep these in her purse for a quick jolt of energy when she’s on the go. We love Tierra Farm’s certified organic chocolate covered espresso beans.
- Include unique coffee mug to make it special. This coffee mug from Target really says it all.
- Throw in one of our Detox Cellulite Soaps made with Arabica coffee. The intoxicating coffee scent is sure to please any coffee lover.
For the Mom Who Likes to be Pampered: What mom doesn’t deserve to be pampered? Give her the gift of relaxation and create an at-home spa gift basket. Our dream spa gift basket includes:
- A detox scrub in any of our new scents: Refresh, Awaken, or Enlighten. Pair with the matching detox cream. Your mom’s skin will never feel better!
- This Kassatex bath robe from Target is luxurious and will make your mom feel like she’s at a high-end spa.
- Firm and Lift Treatment Mask. This mask will soothe your mom’s skin as it simultaneously firms and lifts.
- Include a calming candle to help your mom unwind. We love Caldrea’s candles and we’re obsessed with their ocean-inspired scent, Sea Salt Neroli.
- If you’re trying to win “mom’s favorite kid” points, go ahead and throw in a gift card for a massage. She deserves it.
For the On-Trend Mom: Give mom some on-trend jewelry by designer Kendra Scott. Check out her latest Spring 2017 collection, or make it more personal and design a piece you know your mom will love. Or make a day out of it and take your mom to her local Kendra Scott store with a color bar so mom can design her perfect signature piece.
For the Chocolate Lover: Surprise mom with a chocolate-themed gift basket. Our chocoholic’s gift basket would include:
- Navita’s Natural Cacao Nibs. These nibs are a whole lot of chocolate with with a hint of sweetness. Cacao Nibs are a great addition to any trail mix, or substitute processed chocolate chips for these natural cacao nibs
- Alter Eco Chocolate Bars - All these bars are delicious and your mom can feel good about eating them too. Alter Eco chocolate bars are fair trade, organic, and non-GMO. As thalassophiles, we’re obsessed with the Deep Dark Sea Salt Chocolate Bar. The chocolate is creamy to perfection and the sea salt adds a nice crunch. Or take the decadence up a notch and reach for the Dark Sea Salt Truffles instead. These are melt-in-your-mouth to die for.
- A true chocoholic sets no limits on the time of day to indulge in a little chocolate. Chocolate for breakfast, why not? We like spreading Justin’s Chocolate Hazelnut Butter on toast with sliced banana on top or pouring a bowl of Purely Elizabeth Chocolate Sea Salt Probiotic Granola.
For the Mom Who has Everything: Opt for something personal, DIY and priceless. Here are a couple of our favorite ideas that we will be working on with our kids this week:
- Citrus Stamped Tea Towels from Making Home Base
- Colorful DIY Apron, Wood Spoon and Recipe Box from TheSorryGirls
Tell us: What is your perfect Mother's Day gift?