Scalp Psoriasis is a very uncomfortable, chronic condition that can cause physical and mental distress as well as social anxiety. Many doctors believe that scalp psoriasis, which is an autoimmune disease can be triggered by a buildup of toxins in the body. In an article published on the Livestrong website, Dr. Janet Contursi suggests a variety of natural herbs that may help remove toxins from the body and thus ease the symptoms of scalp psoriasis.
It is always important to remember that any new treatment, natural or otherwise, should be tried with caution and in moderation until you are fully aware of how your body reacts. Although the herbs listed below are natural, some of them may interact with medications or other treatments you are currently using. We always recommend consulting a physician prior to use.
1. Burdock Root. Burdock root stimulates the digestive system and increases bile secretion, which promotes the removal of waste and toxins from the body that can cause scalp psoriasis.
2. Turmeric. According to a study published in the Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences, turmeric contains curcumin, which regulates enzymes and molecules that cause inflammation.
3. Sarsaparilla. Saraparilla is a diaphoretic, which helps the body to eliminate toxins by simulating perspiration.
4. Figwort. Figwort, which is a mild laxative and diuretic, can help remove toxins from the body by internally cleansing the colon. CAUTION: figwort is a natural heart stimulant and should not be taken if you have or may have heart problems.
5. Oregon Grape. Oregon grape helps the body to regulate its metabolism and assists in keeping your body and blood free of toxins. It is believed to help regulate both the digestive system and the liver.